“Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit” (Zechariah 4:6).
The Holy Spirit is the “it” factor.
You can tell if a church is Holy Spirit empowered by the following five “it” factors:
1. There is a deep passion for Jesus. People from top to bottom are excited about the Lord and want His will more than they want their own preferences.
2. There is an intense desire to reach the lost for Christ. Evangelism matters. Missions is a must. Outreach is mastered.
3. There is love and respect for biblical teaching. The Word of God is studied, preached, applied, accepted, and allowed to govern every aspect of church life and ministry.
4. There is a focused urgency in the leadership. The church is comfortable saying “no” to good ideas that are not the main focus of its calling. Distractions are dismissed while the vision is hotly pursued.
5. There is a responsiveness among the people. Grumbling and complaining are rare. Enthusiasm is high. Lives are being transformed.
All of the above doesn’t happen because of programs or buildings or staff. Human effort does not produce the “it” factor.
Only the Holy Spirit can do that.